This morning in rounds they talked about reducing Scarlett's O2 levels, increasing food intake, and also gave the green light to take out the breathing tube if she was doing well. During our day visit we talked to her and I did some more hand hugging (Derek is building up the courage to do this... hopefully this week). Scarlett seemed to love having me support her head and feet, right as we were leaving she opened her eyes (of course she would do that, she's a stinker!). I was unable to leave the hospital even though I was 96 hours post Csection as my blood pressure was still very labile and the the doctor was uncomfortable letting me leave without first controlling it with medicine. So today I started blood pressure medicine and will most likely need to be on this for the next month or two till my body realizes there is no longer a baby brewing! It was a little bit of a bummer to stay as I had everything packed and ready to go, but I knew it was best for all of us and I didn't want to risk major health concerns while at home (I have two beautiful girls that need a fully rested and healthy mom). This evening I went back to visit Scarlett (the bittersweet part of staying hospitalized is that I could see my little one longer), she was super calm and I talked to her through some of the things she dislikes (diaper changes, temperature checks)... she seemed to know it was me! I was also able to pump bedside which is great for my supply. As
I was getting ready to leave the Dr and NP (nurse practitioner) stopped by and let me know that they were taking her off the breathing tube! I decided I didn't want to see this happen (afraid she would be in pain) so I stepped out and when I came back she was nestled nicely into her CPAP (nose O2 device) and doing great. Tomorrow in rounds we will see how well she handled everything and also how her collapsed lungs are doing.

She's making great progress! PRAYERS For you all!!
ReplyDeleteKathleen
She's making great progress! PRAYERS For you all!!
ReplyDeleteKathleen
Praise God she is getting stronger every day! Sorry you are still stuck in the hospital Heather, but like you said, it is for the best. I hope you were able to get some rest last night! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteHi Heather - I've met you a few times at gatherings for John and Ingrid (Stoffregen). This is his sister, Misty�� I just wanted to write you a quick note that you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers since John and Ingrid mentioned this before Christmas. My little guy, Logan, was in the NICU at U of MN for almost 4 months (he was born at 24 wks 3 days). We couldn't have asked for a better medical team to take care of him. I know the NICU is a roller coaster but it sounds like Scarlett is doing great! As a former NICU Mom if I can help with anything please let me know! Continued prayers for Scarlett! All the best, Misty Motzko
ReplyDelete