Today we missed rounds, but the doctor was able to stop crib-side and give me a quick report. Scarlett did great overnight and continues to do well. She had some desaturations on her CPAP and was pretty upset during her "care" time. For Christmas I was able to touch "hug hold" my baby girl for the first time, it was the best feeling in the world mixed with the most nervous feeling in the world as I didn't want to press too hard or bump anything. She was placed under the lights and when those were turned off she opened up her eyes and looked in my direction, the nurse kept saying she could smell me :). Another exciting moment was that she had pee and meconium in her diaper (the small victories)! I was able to visit with my baby and get to know her nurse for three hours while Derek and Eleanor visited family for Christmas lunch.
Friday, December 25, 2015
Day 2: Scarlett Jo
MERRY CHRISTMAS! Derek and Eleanor came to the hospital in the AM to
open up the gifts Santa left by the Christmas Tree. Eleanor was far more
interested in presents this year than last, it was so fun to see her so
excited (she didn't even notice we were in the hospital). Also note my room has an amazing view of Minneapolis!
Today we missed rounds, but the doctor was able to stop crib-side and give me a quick report. Scarlett did great overnight and continues to do well. She had some desaturations on her CPAP and was pretty upset during her "care" time. For Christmas I was able to touch "hug hold" my baby girl for the first time, it was the best feeling in the world mixed with the most nervous feeling in the world as I didn't want to press too hard or bump anything. She was placed under the lights and when those were turned off she opened up her eyes and looked in my direction, the nurse kept saying she could smell me :). Another exciting moment was that she had pee and meconium in her diaper (the small victories)! I was able to visit with my baby and get to know her nurse for three hours while Derek and Eleanor visited family for Christmas lunch.
Today we missed rounds, but the doctor was able to stop crib-side and give me a quick report. Scarlett did great overnight and continues to do well. She had some desaturations on her CPAP and was pretty upset during her "care" time. For Christmas I was able to touch "hug hold" my baby girl for the first time, it was the best feeling in the world mixed with the most nervous feeling in the world as I didn't want to press too hard or bump anything. She was placed under the lights and when those were turned off she opened up her eyes and looked in my direction, the nurse kept saying she could smell me :). Another exciting moment was that she had pee and meconium in her diaper (the small victories)! I was able to visit with my baby and get to know her nurse for three hours while Derek and Eleanor visited family for Christmas lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment