Thursday, December 24, 2015

Day 1: Scarlett Jo

By the first day Scarlett was showing great signs of improving and was put back on the normal breathing tube instead of the high intensity one. Derek and I were able to make it to the rounds in which we met her "Maroon" PA/Dr team. All members were super nice and went over their findings and plans and stopped to explain everything to us. Scarlett's goal for the day is to continue to need less oxygen and taking her off the breathing machine and put her on Cpap which is a lighter respiratory therapy. I was able to get some milk down to her three times today, I also signed a release to provide donor breast milk to Scarlett while waiting for mine to come in (so nice that women donate this very vital nourishment to the NICU babies).  

Day two after surgery for me was pretty painful so the only time I really got out of my bed was to see darling Scarlett, which was the motivation needed to stay active.  Scarlett's night nurse signed up to be on her care team, which means that every shift she works she will be with our little girl (she is already stealing hearts from day 1!).  Overall things are going great today, we know the tough days may come... but for now we feel so blessed and loved! 



No comments:

Post a Comment